Thursday, October 12, 2006

Veggin' on the Road

I spent part of the past week out of town, so now that I'm back I wanted to just quickly mention one of my favorite vegetarian road-trip destinations. Sometimes just a short drive can bring you to a whole new world. For example, take Starr's New Southern Cuisine in Mocksville. Although it's not obvious from the name or the first look at the menu, Starr's is extremely vegetarian-friendly. The kitchen stocks veggie burgers, veggie "bacon" and veggie "chicken" patties that can be substituted for meat in many of the menu items. So, yes, you can have that fried green tomato BLT - great with a side of sweet-potato fries - or the sweet-potato ravioli with flash-fried collard greens. And they've added fried dill-pickle chips to the menu since the last time I was there. Clearly, it's time for a return visit....


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home