Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Say Cheese

I'm still excited.

An email this morning from Vegan Essentials, a mail-order company, indicates they now offer Isle of Bute Sheese, a vegan cheese alternative imported from Scotland. Seven flavors are available - Gouda, Mozzarella, Blue, Cheddar & Chives, Hickory Smoked Cheddar, Strong Cheddar and Medium Cheddar. At $9.95 for a half-pound, it's pricey. Still, I'll be placing my order tonight.

After all, this is a product that was among the winners of VegNews magazine's 2006 Veggie Awards. It was the editors' pick for "Food You Can’t Find in the U.S.," and they described it as "so authentic even omnivores can’t tell the difference." So I have been eagerly awaiting a chance to sample this wondrous-sounding product.

I'll let you know how it is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home