Friday, November 03, 2006

The return of spinach

The last time I went grocery shopping, I saw that fresh spinach was back on the store shelves. However, I didn't buy any. Before the E. coli scare, I always had fresh spinach in my refrigerator. However, when given the opportunity to purchase it again, I didn't quite trust it. Even though the FDA says it's safe to eat now, I wasn't quite ready to buy it again.

I'm not the only one who's having a knee-jerk leery reaction to spinach. Even the sales of other pre-packaged greens have taken a hit. The industry is currently searching for ways to win back consumer confidence.

I love fresh spinach and greens, so I'm certain I will get over my wariness and start buying fresh spinach again. I'm not sure how long it will take, though. Maybe the next time I go grocery shopping, I'll put a bag of spinach in my cart again.

What about you? Are you eagerly buying spinach again, or are you a bit wary, too? And if you are, what do you think it will take for you to trust spinach again?

By the way, in case you haven't heard, investigators now seem to be focusing on wild pigs, of all things as the culprit in the E. coli outbreak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home