Friday, September 21, 2007

Quick hits

*Delicious Living magazine recently ran a list of the nine organic must-buys. The criteria for picking these products included pesticide level, impact on the environment and health benefits. I have to admit, a couple of items on the list surprised me. I had no idea that cotton was so chemical-heavy.

*I recently discovered the Web site Green Options. Its focus is on environmentalism, but there is a fair amount of vegetarian content to be found, including a collection of low-fat vegetarian recipes. I look forward to poking around further on the site.

*I went to a football game last weekend at my alma mater, UNC-Chapel Hill, and I was very pleased to see that the concession stands in Kenan Stadium offered a veggie burger. I didn’t try it, though, because I’d eaten beforehand, expecting there not to be anything substantial and vegetarian to eat.

2 Comments:

At 9/24/2007 10:51 AM, Blogger Andy said...

http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/09/22/4022/ An article explaining why eating meat is worse than driving a Hummer! If you care about the planet at all, stop eating meat!

 
At 9/24/2007 10:52 AM, Blogger Andy said...

http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/09/22/4022/ The link again

 

Post a Comment

<< Home