Friday, June 29, 2007

Veggie Booty recall alert

I stopped at the grocery store tonight, and on the organic-snack aisle was a sign announcing the recall of Robert's Veggie Booty. This is a brand I sometimes have on hand -- right now, I have a bag of their Pirate Booty -- so I immediately surfed around the Net when I got home to get details.

The FDA and Robert's American Gourmet have issued a recall of all sizes of Veggie Booty after the CDC reported 55 cases of Salmonella illnesses -- mostly in children -- linked to Veggie Booty, across 17 states. No cases have been reported in North Carolina so far. None of the other Booty products are affected by the recall -- but I don't think I'll be cracking open that bag of Pirate's Booty anytime soon.

You can read a comprehensive article at FoodConsumer.org. You can also find information at Robert's official site

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home